Covid-19 update 19/07/2021
we would like to remind you that our highest priority is the safety and well-being of both our patients and our staff members. Though we are slowly emerging out of this pandemic, we are very aware that there could still be some way to go.
Like many of you, our team have been fully vaccinated at this stage, but although we may be over the pandemic, the pandemic is not over.
In line with our governing bodies and official infection control guidance for Dental Services, our Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be maintained for the foreseeable future with no immediate changes on July 19th 2021.
This will mean that the measures that have allowed us to provide our treatments and services safely will continue as follows:
- Covid screening prior to your appointment upon booking and/or immediately before your appointment and before entering the building, with consent forms (available to download from our website) still necessary.
- Our waiting room and cloakroom facilities will still be closed.
- Ideally, where appropriate, patients, including children, will be seen one at a time in the clinical rooms so as to limit the amount of people in the surgeries
- Bags and possessions to be left at home or locked in your car
- Hand sanitising gel applied upon entering the building.
- MANDATORY use of facemasks in the building, until you are in the surgery room (this is to minimise risk of possible infection to other people such as non-clinical staff members and other patients in common areas such as corridors and reception). Exceptions will be made if you are medically exempt.
- Full PPE for clinical staff for any Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP). As many of you have seen, we can look a little bit different to how we used to for certain procedures. This is to protect not only ourselves but also to minimise the risk of transmitting Covid to others.
Whilst all of us can look forward to some aspects of the relaxation of the restrictions we have been living with, community case rates are currently higher now than at any time this year, so the continued implementation of our SOP will maintain the highest levels of safety and confidence during your appointments with us.
If you are concerned about any of the above, please contact the practice before your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon.